[Oz-teachers] Nelson on Education

Judith Hewton hewt.nim at gil.com.au
Fri Aug 12 09:37:49 EST 2005

Hi all

As national president of a peak education body I struggle to be successful as an advocate and lobbyist.
For example I have been trying for 12 months to get 30 minutes with the Government Members' Committee on Education Science and Training (I was advised to go that way, obviously not the way to go). I have asked DEST for a meeting. I have written to CEOs and state/territory education ministers.
When you aren't well connected you don't have a way in.

Do we have to do something wildly attention grabbing?
Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Judith