[Oz-teachers] Being provocative

Mary Morrissey mmorrissey at bne.catholic.edu.au
Mon Aug 22 22:22:06 EST 2005

Lyndon,

Have not read the article yet, but agree with the sentiments in your email - and it should not only be realted to promotion, but many systems have a performance appraisal process of some sort in place and that would place the onus clearly on each school context to ensure their staff used the tools.  It is like saying I can't read or can't use a book would have been a couple of hundred years ago.

We employed a wonderful teacher a couple of years ago who admitted he could not use computers - he can now. It was a condition of his new employment. In fact when I can't get a booking for the cow ( I love that acronym!) and he has it booked I curse the day we taught him how.

Mary Morrissey
Director of Curriculum Development and Reporting
Xavier Catholic College
PO Box 1630 Hervey Bay Q 4655
' 61 7 4194 0844
6    61 7 4194 0866