[Oz-teachers] English resources for year 2/3 class

Christine Spence caspen55 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:44:02 EST 2007

Some ideas:Blake Ed used to have some free stuff, but I couldn't find it with a quick search.ABC TEACH COMPREHENSION
LESSONS
 http://www.abcteach.com/directory/reading_comprehension/k2/

 Fictional and Informational Comprehension worksheets.
Check out grades 2-4Make a stapleless book (online or not)http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/stapleless/index.htmlSome ideas for constructing your own activitieshttp://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/read/darts.shtmlLISTENING AND READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS ONLINE:
http://www.esl-lab.com/
 Use RealPlayer for this huge collection of online listening and reading exercises,
with quizzes included. The collection, originally targeted to ESL classes, can
be an excellent tool for reinforcing student reading and listening comprehension
skills for standardized test prep and practice. Entries are organized along easy,
medium, difficult, and very difficult categories in this cyber-lab.RECIPROCAL TEACHINGhttp://www.adrianbruce.com/reading/room4/recip/index.htmhttp://www.readingquest.org/strat/rt.htmlREADING RECALL GAME: http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/schoolimprovement/effective/resources/languagearts/rrdirections.pdf
http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/schoolimprovement/effective/resources/languagearts/rrgameboard.pdf
Use the 2nd link above to print out the game board for this unique idea to strengthen
reading comprehension skills. Students will use a spinner or dice to move forward
on the game board and score points, answering questions on characters, outcomes,
main events, etc.Search Read, Write, Thinkhttp://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/index.aspLITERATURE CIRCLEShttp://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=19Hope you find something useful here.ChristineFrom: thestarman at homemail.com.auTo: oz-teachers at rite.ed.qut.edu.auDate: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:40:12 +1000Subject: [Oz-teachers] English resources for year 2/3 class

Hi all,

If anyone is online, I would appreciate suggestions
on where I could find some free (!) comprehension activities for my year 2/3
class.

I am also Googling (however you spell it) and I
suspect I may as well write one. I am hoping to find a site however with lots!
Call me optomistic.

Thanks,

Paul Floyd.