[Oz-teachers] Year 9 business venture

Aimee Tang aimeelytang at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:27:51 EST 2009

I wonder if you may be thinking of "young achievers" where your
company name has to include the letter combination "ya". It's the
whole kit and caboodle - business plan, shares....wages (of a kind)
etc Did it in high school - with close on 20 others from schools
across Sydney (I was the only one from mine), meeting up at our
"coaching" company with mentors from their staff. Then set up a stall
and presented at a YA trade fair at Darling Harbour towards the close
of the program. Very well worth it if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.yaa.org.au/ Looks like they have a few different programs.
May have one to suit you. At the time it  was all done apart from
school, with no teacher involvement, but it might be different now.

Alternatively, they could brainstorm ideas themselves, then do the
research, constructing and conducting surveys (and still go through
the whole process anyway!)

Aimee