[Oz-teachers] Parent Numbers at Meetings

Bruce Fuda bruce.fuda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:39:43 EST 2010

I'd also suggest ensuring regular contact is being made by the classroom
teacher - even if its just emails being sent home to all parents of students
in the class when new assessment items are being distributed and giving
general feedback on class performance on tests and assignments. Show the
parents you are actually interested in their kids' performance, explain what
you intend to do about it, and you'll find that teachers will get email
coming up where direct contact could be beneficial, a relationships already
exists so parents are more willing to contribute time and effort to help, or
to at least attend.

It's also a little cheaper than Ben's option (for those in primary schools
or jurisdictions where the roll out is somewhat delayed or being managed
differently).

Cheers,
Bruce