[Oz-teachers] is Twitter being used in Australian classrooms?

Chris Betcher chris at betcher.org
Wed Jan 19 09:26:46 EST 2011

Twitter doesn't seem all that popular with students at all, either inside or
outside of education.  Most students I talk to (and my own two kids) can't
understand why it would be better than status updates on Facebook (which on
the surface, it seems similar to).

I have to say, not being able to favourite a Facebook status update, or
search for keywords in past Facebook status updates is SOO frustrating after
you're used to being able to do both these things in Twitter.

Chris